DECLARATION OF QUALIFICATIONS – School Trustee
Municipal Elections Act, 1996
DECLARATION OF QUALIFICATIONS
FOR THE MUNICIPALITY OF BLUEWATER 2010 MUNICIPAL ELECTION
SCHOOL BOARD CANDIDATES
I, ___________________________________________, a nominated candidate for the office of Trustee, School Board as follows:
Avon Maitland District School Board (English-language Public District School Board)
Avon Maitland District School Board (French-language Public District School Board)
Huron-Perth Roman Catholic Separate School Board (English-language Catholic District School Board)
Huron-Perth Roman Catholic Separate School Board (French-language Catholic District School Board)
Do Solemnly Declare That:
1. I am qualified pursuant to the Municipal Elections Act, 1996 and the Education Act to be elected to and to hold the office of Trustee, Ward _______________for the above noted School Board:
2. Without limiting the generality of paragraph 1, on Voting Day, October 25, 2010, I am a resident of the area of jurisdiction of the School Board, a Canadian Citizen and will be at least eighteen years of age.
3. I am qualified under the Education Act to vote for members of the school Board to which I am seeking office.
4. I am not ineligible or disqualified under the Municipal Elections Act, 1996, the Education Act, the Municipal Conflict of Interest Act or any other Act to be elected to or hold the above-mentioned office.
5. Without limiting the generality of paragraph 4,
- I am not an employee of ANY District School Board or School Authority, or if I am an employee of any District School Board or School Authority, I am on an unpaid leave of absence as provided for by section 219 of the Education Act and section 30 of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996.
- I am not a member of the Assembly as provided in the Legislative Assembly Act or of the Senate or House of Commons of Canada or, if I am such a person, I will provide proof of my resignation in a form satisfactory to the Clerk of the Municipality of Bluewater prior to 2 p.m. on nomination day, September 10, 2010. I understand that the Clerk of the Municipality of Bluewater will reject by nomination for the above-mentioned office if I fail to provide proof of resignation by this deadline.
- I am not a member of the Executive Council of Ontario or a Federal Minister of the Crown.
6. I am not prohibited from voting at the municipal election under subsection 17(3) of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996.
7. Without limiting the generality of paragraph 6,
I am not a person who is serving a sentence of imprisonment in a penal or correctional institution.
8. I am not a person who was convicted of a corrupt practice under the Municipal Elections Act, 1996 or of an offence under the Criminal Code (Canada), in connection with an act or omission with respect to a municipal election during the last two regular elections prior to Monday, October 25, 2010.
9. I am not disqualified from being elected to or holding office by reason of any violations of the election campaign financial requirements or violations for not filing the financial statement pursuant to the Municipal Elections Act, 1996.
AND I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing it to be true, and knowing that it is of the same force and effect as if made under oath and by virtue of the Canada Evidence Act.
Declared before me at the Municipality of Bluewater,
This day of , 2010. ___________________________________
(Signature of Candidate)
Signature of Clerk or designate
Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Elections Act (1996) ss. 29, 30 and the Education Act (1990) s. 219 for the purpose of assessing a nominee’s eligibility for election to school board office. Pursuant to the Municipal Elections Act (1996) s.88 this document is a public record, despite anything in the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (1990) and until its destruction, may be inspected by any person at the Clerk’s office at a time when the office is open. Questions about this collection can be directed to the Clerk at 14 Mill Avenue, Zurich, Ontario. 519-236-4351.